Friday, March 18, 2016

I'M BAA-AAACK!

I'm disappointed in myself for neglecting this blog. So much has happened for me in the past year and  this would have been the perfect creative outlet to share my experiences. Better late than never, I guess!

Since my study abroad trip to Spain, I've graduated from college, made life-altering decisions, done a fair amount of traveling, and moved across the country. The last year of my life has been spent missing family & exploring my new, beautiful surroundings in Pensacola, Florida. I have warmed right up to Florida winters, white sand beaches, and the southern mentality.

First things first, I'd like to thank all of the military members, their spouses, and their families for creating such a welcoming community. As a brand-spanking-new-to-the-military significant other, I had no idea what to expect when I moved down to Pensacola. With no prior experience of military life, all I had to work with was stereotypes and Pinterest posts. The last year has been full of learning and personal growth. Being a Military SO has been one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of my lifetime and I am so grateful to be a part of this community. Thank you to the rock stars who have given me a sense of family when I am 1,000 miles away from my own.

Here's a picture from the first time I went to the beach down here. It's in Perdido Key, Florida. I saw dolphins & it was magical.


No comments:

Post a Comment