Monday, July 14, 2014

Hiking [andando por las montañas]

   Last weekend was my last full weekend in Segovia. I can't believe how fast the time is flying by. I feel like there is still so much for me to experience here, so I am trying to get as much out of the next couple of weeks as possible. Last Sunday, a few friends and I went hiking on a trail and a small mountain near Alcázar (the castle). I thought the view was incredible, but was later told there's a better trail for pictures. I'll have to find it this Saturday! On our hike we also encountered the Eresma River. Here are some of my favorite shots of my friends & me. 

This is my favorite picture from the day. It wasn't the best view, but I love how happy all of us look. I am so thankful to have found this group of friends on this trip. With them, I am always laughing and I always have someone to adventure with!

We crossed the river using the stone path and no one fell in. Not even Lou! ;) 

Alcázar de Segovia inspired Walt Disney in the creation and design of Cinderella's castle. 

This picture does not do the view any sort of justice. Alcázar is in the foreground and La Catedral is in the background. Segovia is completely surrounded by mountains, fields, farms, and forests. It is absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be missing these views when it's time to return to the states. 

No comments:

Post a Comment