Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Tomorrow it Begins [manaña comienza]

 

   I am in disbelief that my flight leaves tomorrow. I have spent months preparing for this trip and now that it's almost time to leave, it seems surreal. I am nervous, scared, and ecstatic. I have never flown on a plane by myself or internationally so that's what I am the most anxious about right now. But I'm a smart girl, I'll figure it out. For the whole day today, I have felt like I'm forgetting something. I have no idea what it is and no idea what exactly I need to do for international travel. I think I will feel much more relaxed once I am on the flight to Spain (as long as it leaves on time.)
   For the last couple of weeks I have been obsessively looking up pictures of Segovia and the other places I will be visiting. Literally, my pandora station now plays commercials in Spanish. The architecture and history of the area I'm going to is stunning. I can't wait to meet new people, explore new places, and discover a part of myself  I haven't gotten to know yet.
   My host mom is a woman who has three children in their thirties and a small dog. It says she is a hard worker and a great cook. I cannot wait to meet her (and her dog.) I hope we are able to bond and create unforgettable memories. For her gift, I bought a bottle of wine made in my hometown, a Michigan picture frame, a black cherry candle, and a CMU koozie.
   I spent all day packing and am almost positive I've packed too much. But how do decide what to take out when I am going to be there for six weeks? I suppose step one would be finding a scale and figuring how much it weighs. I'll add that to my to do list.
   This post is so scattered - just like my thoughts have been all day. My brain hurts so I think it's time to sign off for the day. Next time I post, I'll be in Spain! ¡Hasta pronto todos!

1 comment:

  1. You'll hit the ground running! Here's hoping you sleep on the flight... accept all the wine they offer! [I never sleep on flights. Boo hiss.] Can't wait to read about all of your adventures. Cuidado mucho! xo

    ReplyDelete